About Our Business

My photo
At Rescue Buddy Boarding & Beyond your dog will feel right at home while you are away. With 1/4 acre fenced yard to play in, your pup will have lots of fun. Overnight stay is $35 and daycare is $20. We also offer a free foster dog slot and reduced overnight rates to local rescues. We are committed to helping homeless dogs. While volunteering with Pet Haven we have fostered 102 dogs and counting. We are changing the world one dog at a time. laura.leonard55@gmail.com

Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Dream


The thing about writing a blog is that I can talk about whatever is on my mind. Right now I am listening to Ted Kennedy Jr eulogize his father. He told a story about sledding with his father after losing his leg to bone cancer at 12 years old. Ted Jr fell on the hill and started crying and said he would never be able to make it to the top. Ted Sr said to his son " there is nothing you can not do". And so it was that the two of them made it slowly up the snowy hill together. This rang true for me as I am at a turning point in my life starting on a new career path. I always follow my heart toward a dream and there is nothing I can not do. As an artist I never thought of my life's work as a career. It is so now as I dedicate my life to helping homeless dogs because they can not help themselves. The photo is one of my foster dogs Shadow, a big black barky one-eyed lab mix. I thought she would be with me for a long long time. But look at her now living her dream lounging on the shores of Lake Superior. In the words of Ted Kennedy Sr "the dream shall never die".

No comments:

Post a Comment