About Our Business

My photo
At Rescue Buddy Boarding & Beyond your dog will feel right at home while you are away. With 1/4 acre fenced yard to play in, your pup will have lots of fun. Overnight stay is $35 and daycare is $20. We also offer a free foster dog slot and reduced overnight rates to local rescues. We are committed to helping homeless dogs. While volunteering with Pet Haven we have fostered 102 dogs and counting. We are changing the world one dog at a time. laura.leonard55@gmail.com

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


Today I am remembering so many past 4th of July parties at our family cabin on the Missouri river in Nebraska. Mom and dad would work for days before the party to clean, cook, and clear the beach for volleyball, swimming, and boating.

They loved every minute of their time there.

There would be 50-100 guests come to take part in the festivities and mom's 'killer punch'. Dad would pull skiers for hours until everyone had their turn. Now my brother Andy has taken dad's place at the helm.

Mom still enjoys the parties but now she can sit back and relax while other do all the work. Granddaughter Michelle drove all the way from Minnesota to join in the fun.

I can feel my dad close by whenever I am at the cabin. I know he is watching down on us and loving that the family continues to gather at the river.

This year I will be watching Walker play music at the Taste of Minnesota. Quite a ways from Nebraska but once again on the banks of a river.
Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment